Acupuncture at Terranova Physiotherapy in Richmond
Ancient China brings to the Western world the wonders of Acupuncture. Over the past few decades, Acupuncture has been incorporated into physiotherapy treatment options. Your physiotherapist at Terranova Physiotherapy in Richmond may recommend Acupuncture as a supplemental therapy to promote rapid healing and full recovery.
What is Acupuncture?
Acupuncture helps manage pain and soft tissue injuries by enhancing your body’s natural healing response. Pain reduces as your physiotherapist stimulates your body to release natural pain-relieving chemicals. These endorphins, melatonin, and serotonin assist you in healing, usually supporting other physiotherapy modalities.
How Does Acupuncture Work?
Acupuncture restores your body’s natural energy balance using fine needles inserted through your skin. Your physiotherapist targets specific points along “meridians” that help reduce your pain. As the pain decreases, your body is better able to restore balance, so healing is more rapid.
Is Acupuncture Painful?
No. Most patients notice sensations, but they should not be painful. Acupuncture needles are super thin and flexible, so many people don’t feel them at all. Some people feel only a sensation when inserted. Our registered physiotherapists at Terranova Physiotherapy in Richmond are professionally trained to provide painless acupuncture treatments.
Benefits of Acupuncture at Terranova Physiotherapy in Richmond
Acupuncture is commonly integrated into a complete physiotherapy recovery plan. Your physiotherapist may recommend Acupuncture:
- For Stress Reduction – Many patients find acupuncture treatments lower stress hormones, reduce anxiety, moderate mood, and improve feelings of well-being.
- To Reduce Pain – Acupuncture provides drug-free relief from back pain, joint pain, and neck tension, reduces swelling, and inflammation.
- For Headaches – Many patients at Terranova Physiotherapy in Richmond are happy with Acupuncture’s effects on headaches and migraines.
- To Support Your Immune System – Acupuncture helps boost your immune system, often reducing the duration and relieving symptoms.
- For Greater Mental Clarity, Energy, and Better Sleep – Acupuncture helps balance your system for more acuity, energy, and sleep.
- To Treat Repetitive Strains – Acupuncture supports the healing of repetitive stress injuries, potentially eliminating the need for drugs or surgery.
Acupuncture’s most common side effect is relaxation and a sense of euphoria!
What to Expect During Your Acupuncture Treatment
Your physiotherapist at Terranova Physiotherapy in Richmond uses single-use, pre-sterilized needles. After insertion, you rest quietly for 20 to 30 minutes.
You’ll probably need about three sessions, but many patients notice an immediate improvement. Results do add up, and pain reduces as you have more treatments.
Book an Acupuncture Appointment at Terranova Physiotherapy in Richmond
Acupuncture can reduce pain, stimulate healing, and improve your mobility. So, call Terranova Physiotherapy in Richmond today to see how Acupuncture can help you.